My blog has moved and changed name to DESIGN SODA, I’d love it if you followed along with my new content there.
- If you listen to two of my favourite friends they will tell you that I am a super-Christmas-enthusiast (& possibly slightly less flatteringly so!) of course they are entirely wrong, but as it is November tomorrow I feel I can get away with mentioning these glorious Christmas paper star decorations new in at Bodie & Fou, sublime.
- November marks the centenary of the birth of one of the favourite authors of my youth – Albert Camus who is still one of my favourite human beings ever. In honour I am going to re-read A Happy Death alongside one of my all time favourite books – Simone De Beauvoir’s loosely autobiographical utterly superb tour de force The Mandarins in which Camus features loosely disguised as the journalist Henri Perron.
- This lovely chalkboard wall which was the winning entry in the wonderwall category of Rockett St George’s Foto Friday competition. I really love chalkboard walls and this is a magnificent example of the personality that can be projected onto one.
- These wonderful Octopus lights by Geraldine Gonzalez that I happened upon on Pinterest, just too cool for their own good.
- Gender historian Amanda Vickery tweeted a brilliant link a few weeks back of historical slang from the 1920’s. Its brilliant, ranging from fairly well known ones like ‘gaspers’ for cigarettes to lesser known gems such as ‘cancelled stamp’ for a wallflower and ‘cheaters’ for glasses.